The most important tool in any kitchen is a knife.
A perfect Kitchen Chef’s Knife serves as an extension of the hand and is used for a variety of tasks like cutting, slicing, chopping, mincing, filleting, julienning, crushing and dicing of fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, poultry and more.
Knife is the most frequently used tool in any kitchen and so is has to be of the best quality. The investment in a proper Chef’s Knife is very important as it will last very longer in your kitchen, might be a lifetime if properly taken care of.
The best Kitchen Chef knife should be solid, sturdy, made of high quality material and durable. Most importantly it must have a sharp edge and should light in weight. And since all knives handle things differently, it can be difficult sometimes to choose the right one for your kitchen.
A Chef that is regular in the kitchen and cooks more often should have at least 2-3 different styles of knives, but nothing is better than a multipurpose knife that serves all purpose.
Usually the stainless steel knives are cheaper but can also go blunt very quickly. Carbon steel is a little pricey and is simpler to sharp but it can get rust. Ceramic blades harder, lightweight and don’t rust also but they can get chipped.
A lightweight knife is great choice as it is precise and fast. A heavy knife is always better for cutting solid and hard food items. Balance of the knife is another important factor to consider in order to make the cutting more effortless.
A knife made from a single piece of steel is always the best choice as it will last longer. You can take all these factors into consideration and select the one that suits your needs best.
A bad Kitchen Chef’s Knife can be a real frustrating deal and must in all cases stay away from such knives. To help you select the perfect knife for your kitchen from a ton of choices out there, we have reviewed the Best Kitchen Chef’s Knives.
Table of Contents
- Best Kitchen Chef Knives List
- Best Kitchen Chef Knife Reviews 2018
- #1. Victorinox 8 Inch Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife
- #2. Victorinox 10 Inch Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife
- #3. Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Cook’s Knife
- #4. Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Revolution Chef’s Knife
- #5. Shun DM0706 Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- #6. DALSTRONG Shogun Series Gyuto Chef Knife
- #7. Global G-2 – 8 inch, 20cm Chef’s Knife
- #8. Zelite Infinity 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- #9. Shun Premier 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- #10. Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Cook’s Knife
- #11. Okami Knives 8 inch Chef Knife
- #12. Dalstrong Shogun Series X Gyuto Chef’s Knife
- #13. Mac Professional Hollow Edge 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- #14. Ross Henery Professional Eclipse Premium Knives
- #15. Winco 10-Inch Chef’s Knife, Set of 6
- #16. Shun VB0706 Sora Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- #17. Global GS-5 – 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Vegetable Knife
- #18. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-inch Chef’s Knife
- #19. Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook’s Knife
- #20. Global G-5 – 7 inch, 18cm Vegetable Knife
- Must Have features in your Kitchen Chef Knives: Buyer’s Guide
Best Kitchen Chef Knives List
Also Read:- Best Survival Knives
Best Kitchen Chef Knife Reviews 2018
Here in this article, we will take you through the best Kitchen Chef Knives and make you aware of all the features, build quality, pros and cons of each knife in detail.
Keep reading so you get to know which Chef Knife is the best for your kitchen. Every knife in this article is of high quality, a quality that we love and stand by.
You can be assured that any of the knives that you would like from the 20 best Kitchen Chef’s Knives below will be of high standard, serve the purpose, work its best and will last a long time.
So, here is the list and review of the 20 best Kitchen Chef Knife in the world.
The Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife has received universal acclamation for having a sharp blade that provides precision cutting, has a comfortable handle and is easy to maintain. All this at an extremely low price as compared to similar knives.
Made from stamped, high carbon stainless steel, it has sturdy and durable blade. The edge is produced by using a special tempering process, so it can be re-sharpened several times keeping its original sharpness alive throughout. The blade of is sharpened to 15 degrees resulting in a very thin edge.
It has an 8-inch blade and is 2-inch wide at the handle. Tough tasks like breaking open a thick-skinned squash is made easy with this knife, while more tricky and delicate tasks like dicing and slicing can also be done perfectly without leaving them mushy or in partially cut sections.
The handle is bumpy and provides a lot of grip, making it secure and comfortable in your hands. It can fit most variety of hand sizes and grips very comfortably.
The non-slip texture of the handle offers secure grip even when wet or greasy, making the knife safe and efficient.
Though the knife is dishwasher safe, it is not recommend doing so as the water pressure of the dishwasher can damage the blade. It is optimally weighted with European steel and is ergonomically designed to help reduce hand and wrist fatigue and minimize wrist tension.
It is a multipurpose chef’s Knife perfectly suited for dicing, mincing, chopping, crushing, slicing, and shredding. Its versatility makes it your go-to knife and ensures maximum cutting performance.
It is an all-purpose chef’s knife and is an essential knife for every kitchen. This knife can complete both larger and smaller tasks effortlessly. The overall shape of the blade helps the rocking motion, making mincing and chopping easy.
This Chef’s Knife is preferred by most of the culinary professionals due to its comfortable handle, razor sharp edge and superior weight and balance. This knife is a great all-rounder and is capable of handling almost every kitchen task. It is a perfect knife for everyone, be it a novice home chef or a seasoned chef.
The Victorinox Fibrox 8-inch Chef’s knife is expertly crafted by skilled craftsmen in Switzerland. It is designed for professionals who use knives all day and every day, and comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects in workmanship and material.
- The blade is made of tough, rust-resistant material
- Handle is bumpy and provides a lot of grip
- Great performance for both tough and delicate tasks
- Easy to re-sharpen
- Comfortable and sturdy
- Lifetime warranty
- Can feel too flimsy sometimes
- Dishwasher-safe but not recommended
Victorinox 10 Inch Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife is a professional quality knife. It is a versatile Chef’s Knife and is considered as an indispensible blade in any knives collection.
The blade is made up of lightweight and high quality European steel and serves as an excellent alternative to heavy cutlery. It provides incredible balance and control and has a perfect rocking mechanism. The blade is also stamped from cold-rolled steel and is equipped with a bolster-less edge that supports in use of the entire blade and ease of sharpening.
The blade of this Chef’s Knife is made of high carbon stainless-steel, which provides maximum sharpness and edge retention. It is also ice tempered to sustain the sharpness of the knife for a longer time. The blade also has a conical ground all through the length and the depth for a wider break point.
The Fibrox handle is NSF approved and is designed to minimize wrist and hand tension. The handle is ergonomically designed and is slip resistant. It provides utmost comfort and improved grip.
This Chef’s Knife can also be used in hospitals and school kitchens as it offers a great sanitary view. The Victorinox Fibrox 10-inch Pro Chef’s knife is expertly crafted by skilled craftsmen in Switzerland. It comes with a lifetime warranty against any manufacturer defects in workmanship and material.
It is a multipurpose knife that can handle a multitude of tasks in the kitchen. It is perfect for everything from chopping, slicing, mincing, dicing, julienning etc. All tasks can be done with ease and a perfect finish, without leaving anything mushy.
Though the knife is dishwasher safe, it is not recommend doing so as the water pressure of the dishwasher can damage the blade. Hand washing the knife is recommended for long run.
The Victorinox 10-inch Fibrox Chef’s Knife is one of the most popular Victorinox knives. This 10-inch chef’s knife is large enough to perform the toughest kitchen tasks. It is a must-have knife for all the serious chefs.
- 10-inch high-carbon Stainless Steel blade
- Blade stamped from cold-rolled steel
- Ergonomically designed slip-resistant and extra grip handle
- Conical ground for a wider break point
- Ice-tempered to sustain sharpness longer
- Bolster-less edge for use of entire blade
- Multipurpose knife
- Easy sharpening
- Lifetime warranty
- Dishwasher-safe but not recommended
- Not suitable for delicate chopping and cutting
The Wüsthof Classic 8-Inch Cook’s Knife excels in every task we put it to. It is the most indispensable knife with a full-tang blade. It is comfortable to hold, easy to use and provides excellent cuts, slices, dices and ribbons.
The Wüsthof Classic 8-Inch Cook’s Knife is forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon stain-resistant steel. It is buffed by hand and attached to the handle seamlessly. The blade of the knife extends through the handle, which helps in excellent control.
The synthetic handle is made of highly durable polymers and is designed ergonomically. It has a triple-riveted design and is contoured for extra comfortable grip and high performance. It is durable, sturdy and strong.
The wide blade is perfect for cutting through the chicken bones or even making very thin slices of tomatoes. It is an expert knife for slicing, chopping, dicing, mincing, cutting and also neatly creating thin ribbons of basil or just anything you want. It is a perfect knife for all kinds of food.
The build of this knife is so strong that you can drop, cleave, rattle or bang, and it will still work perfectly without being detached or broken. It is more like a beast in your kitchen and is perfect for regular use. But it might lose its edge with regular and daily use and you might need to sharpen the blade more often than some other knives, as it is just average at retaining the sharpness of the edge.
This knife gives the best performance when using the “Pinch grip”. Pinch grip is nothing but just holding the grip between the thumb and index finger on top of the blade, wrapping the handle with the rest of your fingers and forwarding the bolster. This pinch grip provides better control as well as narrow and straight cuts and slices.
Though the knife is a little expensive, it is worth all the money and is a great investment. It is suitable for home chefs as well as professional chefs. It is a favorite chef when it comes to slicing, chopping and dicing.
- Full tang, heavy 8-inch blade superior for all tasks
- Forged high-carbon stainless steel blade
- Hand-honed for razor-like sharpness
- Finger guard for safety
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Durable and sturdy seamless handle
- Triple-riveted handle for strength and performance
- Multipurpose with perfect cutting
- Lifetime guarantee
- Should be sharpened regularly
- Dishwasher-safe but not recommended
Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Revolution Series 7-inch Professional Chef’s Knife is exceptionally comfortable as it is typically lighter in weight as compared to the stainless steel knives. Hence, they can be used for lengthy and repetitive cutting tasks.
With this incredibly lightweight knife you can perform extended cutting sessions without any muscle strain or fatigue. It is ergonomically designed for ease of use. The look of this knife is very attractive as it is completely black. Along with the black sheen of the ceramic, the handle is also black.
Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Knife is one of the most versatile knives and can complete a variety of cutting and chopping tasks perfectly. It is balanced and very light and helps in avoiding muscle strain.
Ceramic provides a more sharper edge than stainless steel, along with a number of other benefits. The ceramic material is very durable as it is not susceptible to oils, salts, juices, acids or any other kitchen substance. They will never rust.
Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Knife gives high-performance in everyday kitchen tasks like chopping, dicing and slicing. It is a perfect knife for home cooks. It is durable and holds its sharp edge for a long period. It is also sanitary and easy to clean. This knife is a must have in the kitchen collection.
The advanced ceramic will never rust and will not interact with any food and alter the taste or smell. With so many unique benefits, the price of this knife is relatively cheap as compared to other knives. Dish washer is not recommended and only hand wash is advised.
The blade is razor sharp, versatile and easy to handle, but still cutting through something hard is not recommended as it is not so rigid and substantial. But the thin and light blade is perfect for peeling and cutting of fruits, vegetables and boneless meat. It gives you precision cutting and slicing. It comes with a black molded plastic handle and is superlight.
The company is providing a 5 year warranty for any manufacturer defects and if the knife needs to be sharpened, you can send to the company and they will sharpen it for free and return it within 7 -10 working days.
- It is light and nimble
- Has thin, flexible and super-sharp blade.
- Black Kyocera ceramic blade
- Ergonomically designed precision control handle
- Perfectly balanced and lightweight
- Blade stays sharper for longer time
- Perfect for peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables.
- Will never brown food, alter the taste, smell or appearance of food
- Will never rust or get stained
- Affordable price
- The rounded tip cannot be used for precise pointing tasks.
- Light weight does not give a good rocking motion.
- Not recommended for cutting something hard.
Shun DM0706 Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife is a solid knife with incredible looks and great performance. It offers high durability. It is a versatile knife and is perfect for slicing, chopping, dicing and much more. It has a patterned and layered surface with added resistance from rust. These knives are specifically designed for cutting and slicing of fish, poultry, fruits and vegetables. They are not recommended for cutting hard vegetables or bones, or they might chip.
The Shun DM0706 Classic 8-Inch chef’s knife is made of a 32-layered pure stainless Damascus steel and the core layer is made of V-Gold-10-steel, making the knife extremely sharp and highly anti-corrosive. The knife’s blade also has a convex cut that makes it very sharp. The sharp edge of the blade is highly durable. The blade of the knife is created to have a 16˚ angle and hence, the sharpness is unbeatable.
The handle is black and is laminated with PakkaWood. The D-shaped handle provides maximum comfort to the user and makes the knife fully in control while using it. It fits well in the palm. The size of the knife is perfect no matter one is cutting meat, fish, fruits, vegetables or any other food. The wide blade renders ease of use. The knife gets a look of an earthy beauty due to the lovely wood grain effect on its handle. Along with enhancing the knife’s capabilities, it is also highly stain-resistant and durable. It helps minimize friction while cutting.
This classic Shun knife is easy to sharpen and keeps the sharp edge for a long time. The quality and performance of this knife will remain consistent lifelong. The sharpness of the blade makes for easy slicing. It has limited lifetime warranty. The company also provides sharpening of the knife free of cost.
The wooden handle is certified by NSF for use in hotels, hospitals and other various commercial establishments. The price of a Shun knife is expensive but it is all worth it. It is dishwasher safe.
- Made of a 32-layered pure stainless Damascus steel
- Core layer is made of V-Gold-10-steel
- 16˚ angle provides unbeatable sharpness
- D-shaped handle provides maximum comfort
- Minimal friction
- High durability
- Resistance from rust
- Great performance
- Dishwasher safe
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Not recommended for cutting hard vegetables or bones
- The knife can chip or break if used for cutting hard substances
Dalstrong Chef’s Knife is the Ultimate Chef’s Knife. The ruthlessly sharp edge of the double beveled blade is hand finished polished to give it a mirror finish, within 8-12 degree angle on each side using the 3-step Honbazuke method. It is then cooled with nitrogen for enhanced harness, corrosion resistance and flexibility.
The knife is ultra sharp as it is made of VG-10 Japanese super steel cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness. This ultra sharpness provides extraordinary performance as well as edge retention. The blade is full tang for extra robustness and is also triple riveted for more resilience. It also includes an intricate mosaic centre pin.
The chef knife is perfectly balanced for straight cutting. The perfectly tapered blade minimizes surface resistance in order to provide buttery smooth cuts and non-stick properties. The blade of the knife is made up of 66 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel, which ensures exceptional strength and durability as well as stain resistance.
The handle is ergonomically designed and is made of military grade G-10 Garolite. The handle provides a comfortable non-slip grip and also an engraved end cap. It provides life-long durability. The handle is hand polished with outmost care for smooth handling and provides superior hand control and extra comfort.
This Dalstrong Chef Knife is made to Perfection. It is built with all high quality products leading to perfect cutting and slicing along with amazing durability. It is dishwasher safe but hand washing is highly recommended. It is a little on the pricier side but comes with a lifetime warranty.Dalstrong Chef’s Knife is very versatile and is perfect for all kinds of slicing, cutting, chopping, dicing etc. It can also be used to cut meat and frozen foods. The substantial size of the knife also makes it easy for you to transfer food easily.
- 66-Layered Damascus sharpened under 3-step Honbazuke method
- Tapered bolster for perfect balance
- Full tang for maximum robustness
- Rust resistant cladding
- Hand-polished spine
- Triple riveted for extra resilience
- Tapered blade for minimal slicing resistance
- Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness and flexibility
- Military grade G10 handle
- Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture
- Superior hand control and comfort
- Non-slip grip and engraved end cap for further distinction
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Lifetime warranty
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
Global G-2 Chef’s Knife is one of the most popular chef’s knives. It is designed to meet the standards of a professional knife and fulfill the needs of a professional chef. It is a must have knife in almost all commercial kitchens.
The Global G-2 Chef’s knife is hand-made with a long, razor-sharp edge and is a one-piece construction, which is sleek and robust at the same time. It is crafted with high quality cutting edge materials and out of the box construction techniques. The blade is made of a single piece of stain resistant, high-carbon, G-18 Cromova stainless steel. It has a long lasting edge made at an ultra sharp 12.5° angle. It provides high durability, strength and gives great performance.
The handle is sleek and ergonomically designed. It features Global’s signature pattern of a dimple that is designed for extra comfort, secure grip and control. The handle is calibrated perfectly to maintain the weight of the blade. The dimples on the handle help in keeping a secure grip, even when the handle is greasy or wet.
This lightweight chef’s knife is designed in a way that helps in reducing hand and wrist fatigue and also ensures perfect control. It’s a perfectly capable knife for sharp and straight cuts and slices, is lightweight and fun, but lacks solidity in a certain way. The seamless design of the knife is hygienic, sanitary and easy to clean and maintain.
The blade of the Global G-2 Chef’s knife is perfect for cutting large sized vegetables, fruits and meat. It can also be used for chopping, dicing, slicing and various other tasks. Although the blade is pretty sharp and holds its edge for a while. But with continuous daily use, the sharpness could be lost and you will have to sharpen it to bring back the edges. The blade is easy to manage and give out perfect cuts, but the handle is made of thin steel. Although it is a very unique handle, it is somewhat uncomfortable.
This modern chef’s knife is very versatile and makes a great addition to the kitchen collection. It is reasonably priced and comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects from the manufacturer.
- Lightweight and precisely balanced knife
- Blade is made of one piece G-18 Cromova stainless steel
- The stainless-steel handle is molded for comfort
- The handle has dimpled pattern for safe grip
- Ergonomically designed and corrosion resistant
- Easy to handle, especially for smaller hands
- Lifetime warranty
- Reasonably priced
- Strength of the blade is questionable
- Handle is made of thin steel and can be uncomfortable
- Blade loses its sharpness too early
Zelite Infinity Chef’s Knife has a beautiful look of Damascus steel and has distinctive patterns of banding. This knife has set new standards for Chef Knives with its excellent performance.
The blade of the Zelite Infinity Chef’s knife is made of laminated VG10 Super Steel with 33 layers per side of high-carbon stainless steel and is resistant to shattering. It is triple riveted and is also mirror polished in a pattern of Rose Damascus. The blade is very sharp and has a resilient edge.
The blade is razor sharp with an angle of 12 degrees per side and is capable of holding its edge for long. The blade is also corrosion resistant and has amazing edge retention. It is solid and durable. It is a full tang knife. The sharpness of the knife needs very less force to cut and hence, reduces any fatigue or strain on the hand and wrist. The strength and weight balance of the knife is commendable.
The Zelite Infinity Chef’s Knife’s handle is ergonomically designed, is round in shape and is very comfortable. It is beautifully contoured and is perfectly balanced for ultra comfort. The rounded handle ensures comfortable and secure grip along with comfort. The bolster is quite large and is easy to grasp. The weight is perfectly balanced and gives you ease in cutting. But the bolster could also be a little uncomfortable for some hands due to its forward taper.
It is a perfect knife for all kinds of kitchen tasks including cutting, slicing, dicing, mincing etc., with minimal slicing resistance. This knife can be used for cutting of Vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, poultry and more. It ensures long lasting performance.
It is a smart choice for all home chefs as well as professional chefs and will last a lifetime. It is the best value for the price and comes with a lifetime warranty against all manufacturer defects.
- Stain and rust resistant
- Long lasting sharpness and resilient edge
- Premium razor sharp stainless steel blade
- Triple riveted and mirror polished
- Ergonomically designed comfortable handle
- Full tang and well balanced
- Lifetime warranty
- Reasonable price
- Bolster feels awkward for pinch grip
- Rounded belly of the blade
Shun Premier 8-Inch Chef’s Knife has a beautiful Tsuchime style hand-hammered look. The look of the knife is very appealing. It is a multipurpose knife and can effectively handle all the chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing all kinds of fruits, vegetables and meat. The functionality of the knife is excellent.
The blade of the knife is wickedly sharp like a razor and can easily cut through the hardest vegetable or meat. It is extremely strong and provides neat and crisp cuts. It also helps in keeping food from sticking to the blade. The core of the blade is made up of VG-10 high carbon Japanese steel and is combined with a double beveled edge that provides razor sharpness. The blade is also clad with 16 layers of Damascus steel on each side. The 16 layers provide super strong strength. It also has 16 degree higher inclined angle.
The handle of the knife is D-shaped and is ergonomically designed to offer a comfortable yet firm and secure grip. It is made of premium Pakka-Wood and is impregnated with strengthening resin. The hollow ground surface helps in lowering resistance while cutting.
Whether you are a novice, a home chef or a professional chef, this knife is a go to for all kinds of chefs. It is easy to use and very versatile. It is a perfect knife for both domestic and commercial use.
The knife is light-weighted, well balanced and easy to use. It helps in producing smooth and swift cuts without giving any strain to the hand. The curved blade of the knife aids in excellent rocking motion. Although it is great for slicing meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and fruits alike, it is a little fragile. Hence, cutting bones with this knife is not recommended.
The knife is dishwasher safe but hand washing and air drying is recommended. It is a little expensive and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- 16 layers of corrosion resistant stainless-steel
- High carbon VG-10 Japanese super steel core
- Sharp blade design
- Excellent rocking motion
- Hammered finish for less resistance
- Resists food sticking to the blade
- Comfortable grip and easy to use
- D-shaped Pakka-Wood handle
- Excellent for slicing, chopping and dicing
- Beautifully designed
- Blade not suitable for cutting hard foods
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Cook’s Knife is an excellent knife for every task. It is a stylish knife yet it is also a workhorse. It is a versatile, all-purpose knife ideal for slicing, mincing, and dicing all kinds of food. It is more like a workhorse and can be used on a daily basis regularly.
The knife has a full-tang and the blade extends through the handle. This allows excellent control over the knife. The blade of the knife is not as sharp when compared to other knives and is also thinner. Hence, it is a perfect knife for more delicate work like peeling, slicing thin cuts, chopping parsley and cutting thin ribbons.
The blade of Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Cook’s Knife is perfectly forged from a single piece of high-carbon German stainless steel. It is also laser-controlled and provides amazing cutting edge. The blade is wide enough and is perfect for cutting through thin slices of vegetables and poultry.
The black polypropylene handle looks like a stained wood and gives a beautiful look to the knife. The synthetic handle of the knife is very comfortable and provides secure grip. It has double bolsters that provide balance for strain-less and effortless cutting.
The knife is also triple-riveted with innovative design that is contoured for a secure and comfortable grip. This Wushtof Classic Ikon Cook’s Knife is a standard multipurpose knife and is a must have for all kitchens.
The blade is 20% sharper and has double edge retention. But continuous and regular use might result in oxidation since the steel used in the blade is softer. But the softer blade also aids in durability when working with poultry with bones.
Hand washing the knife is recommended. The knife has affordable pricing and has a limited lifetime warranty.
- Versatile workhorse
- Full tang
- Laser controlled
- Polypropylene handle which gives wooden look
- Triple riveted for secure and comfortable grip
- Double bolstered
- Double edge retention
- Excellent for chopping, slicing, mincing and cutting thin ribbons
- Could be oxidized
- Blade is not as sharp
- Needs to be sharpened regularly
Okami Knives 8 inch Chef Knife is a multi-purpose knife and is an excellent choice for all kitchens. It is a perfect combination of high performance and elegance. It has stylish look along with providing sharp cuts. The Knife is very lightweight and helps in reducing fatigue even after extended use.
The blade of this Okami Knives 8 inch Chef Knife is razor sharp and is also well-balanced. It has a perfect rocking motion which helps in reducing strain on the hands, while providing amazing cutting experience. It has excellent edge retention which allows cutting and chopping effortlessly. It is also resistant to corrosion and can be used in the kitchen everyday regularly.
The core of the blade is made of premium VG-10 Japanese super stainless steel and is clad with soft steel for extra protection. It has 67 layers Damascus steel on both sides that reinforce resistance and power. It helps in cutting through food smoothly and prevents hard cutting core. The blade is acute edge angled at 30 degrees max and comes with a double bevel of 12-15 degrees on each side. This gives a very sharp edge to the knife resulting in less force application while cutting with it.
The handle is ergonomically designed and is made of Pakka Wood. It has a classy look with resin impregnated in it. The resin helps in resistance to moisture and is also very durable. It is a high-quality material built knife for professional kitchens and is mostly used in restaurants. It is very efficient and elegant looking at the same time. Microscopic air pockets are created using the cladding process in order to reduce friction while cutting or slicing. It is a very long lasting knife.
The combination of lightweight and hard materials along with modern techniques, make it the perfect knife for all round use. It can be used at homes and also restaurants with ease. And for professional chefs, this one is a real game changer as it can be used for long hours without having any kind of strain or fatigue.
The knife has a large blade with a slight curve, which is perfect for French and Chinese techniques of cutting. It is an all-in-one knife for chopping, slicing, mincing, cutting and dicing. It comes with a lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defects. Though it is dishwasher safe, hand washing it recommended. It is reasonably priced and is best value for money.
- Elegant and stylish
- Multipurpose professional knife
- VG-10 Japanese super stainless steel
- 67 layered Damascus steel
- Pakka-Wood and resin impregnated handle
- Microscopic air pockets
- Perfect for professional chefs
- Lightweight and corrosion resistant
- Excellent rocking motion
- Razor sharp blade and well-balanced
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
Dalstrong Hammered Finish Chef’s Knife is a perfect Knife for all the chefs out there. It is a revolutionary knife that combines excellent craftsmanship with breakthrough technology of the cutting edge. The design is awe-inspiring and is made with the best materials.
The performance of this Dalstrong Hammered Finish Chef’s Knife is outstanding and is best amongst all knives. It is a full tang knife for additional robustness and is also triple riveted for more resilience. The hammered Tsuchime finish of the knife helps in reducing dragging and also minimizes the amount of food stuck on it. It is a well-balanced knife and is made to perfection.
The blade of the knife is ruthlessly sharp and the edge is scalpel like. It is hand finished with a mirror polish and the core of the blade is angled at 8-12° on each side using the traditional Honbazuke 3-step method. It is then nitrogen cooled for additional harness and flexibility. The blade is also corrosion resistant.
The blade of this chef knife features a 62+ Rockwell hardness, super sharp VG-10 Japanese super steel cutting core. This stimulates the performance and also the edge retention. The 66 layered premium high-carbon stainless steel builds amazing strength and durability along with stain resistance.
The handle of the Dalstrong Hammered Finish Chef’s Knife is premium G-10 handle with lifetime durability. It is ergonomically designed and hand polished. The shape of the handle caters to superior control and comfort. The spine of the blade is made for a more natural and effortless grip. It is the ultimate chef knife for both domestic and professional use alike. And is a perfect combination of beauty of performance.
The knife is made using the highest quality materials available. It is more like kitchen power house with its razor-sharp blade and premium design. It is unmatched in its beauty and performance. It is totally worth the price and has a lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defect.
- Scalpel like sharpness and incredible Edge Retention
- VG-10 Japanese super steel
- 67-Layered Damascus sharpened blade
- hammered Tsuchime finish
- Tapered bolster for balance
- Corrosion resistant
- Hand-polished spine
- Full tang and triple riveted
- Tapered blade for non-stick properties
- Cleans easily
- G10 handle for life-long durability
- Ergonomic handle control and comfort
- Non-slip grip
- Lifetime warranty
- The shape of the handle could seem uncomfortable for some
The hollow edge on the Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is also known as “dimpled edge” or “granton” edge. It provides an amazing advantage in food release. The size of the knife is a very popular size for home gourmet and is inspired by western design. This stamped knife is Japanese-made and is the sharpest, most comfortable and durable amongst all knives.
The blade of the Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is razor-sharp and easily cuts through the hardest vegetables. Be it dicing, julienning, French cutting or slicing, it does it all with perfection. It also easily cuts the most delicate vegetables or fruits without making the edges brown. The blade is made up of high-carbon and is very durable. It stays sharper for a long time even after continuous and regular use.
The handle of this Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is made of Pakka-wood and is very durable. It is very comfortable and provides a strong grip. The knife is made of chrome-moly vanadium steel and is designed to make blades that are thin but also strong and tough. The blade has super sharp edge and sleek tapered shape. The knife is very lightweight and well-balanced.
The hollow edges help in gliding through sticky foods easily without sticking to the knife. The bolster helps the knife in cutting, slicing, chopping and dicing almost any food easily. The makers have taken a keen edge and all the outstanding features that other knife makers strive for. Knives of this length are most commonly used in both home kitchens as well as professional kitchens. It is the most popular knife for everyday use. This knife is from a professional series of knives.
This knife is a perfect combination of comfort, performance and durability. Though the price is a little higher, but for the performance it offers, it is totally worth it. Moreover, the durability is so strong that a single knife can last a lifetime. This knife will make the everyday cutting and chopping tasks smoother and quicker.
The Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is not dishwasher safe. Hand washing and air drying is highly recommended. It has warranty of 25 years against any manufacturing and workmanship defect. This knife is a workhorse for every kitchen.
- Hollow edge helps in food release
- Sharpest, durable and comfortable
- Stays sharper for long
- Pakka wood handle
- Lightweight and well-balanced
- Perfect combination of comfort, performance and durability
- 25 years warranty
- A little expensive
- Not dishwasher safe
Ross Henery Professional 9 Piece Chef’s Knife is a 9 Piece professional Chef’s knife set as the name suggests. The knives set comes in a heavy-duty zip up storage case that is ideal for storing or transporting Chef’s knives. The case can also be used while travelling. The case is easy to clean and easily maintain hygiene. This set is a perfect professional set for College students and home kitchen.
Each Knife is forged from a single piece high-carbon stainless steel. All the knives of this set are hand-sharpened, polished and are also triple hardened to make sure that they hold their edge firmly. They have an amazing balance which makes them perfect for domestic as well as professional kitchens. This set of knives is perfect for extensive and varied cooking.
These knives are made with attention to detail using high quality material. The plain design of these knives help in eliminating food and dirt that gets trapped, they maintain hygiene and safety. The large sized Knife blades come with protective sheathes so that knives cutting into the case can be prevented. The blades are also resistant to rust, stains and corrosion.
The knives are very easy to clean and pleasant to hold. They do not cause too much strain or fatigue. They also look good, nice and smooth. Although the quality is not professional, these knives can be long lasting if used with care. It is a less expensive and affordable knife set that has a good variety and covers almost all kinds of knives that anyone would want to use while cooking.
The Ross Henery Professional Eclipse Premium 9-Piece Chef’s Knife Set includes:
- 1 Chef’s knife 14″
- 1 Carving Knife 14”
- 1 Utility knife 12.5”
- 1 Paring knife 8”
- 1 Boning knife 12”
- 1 Bread knife 13”
- 1 Sharpening steel – 12”
- 1 Meat clever
- 1 Carving fork
- And a black colored carry case
- Wide range of knives that covers all different kind of knives
- Rust and corrosion resistant blades
- Hand sharpened and well-balanced
- Perfect for extensive and varied cooking
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store and carry while travelling
- Affordable price
- The quality of the knives is not up to the mark
- Not a professional set of knives
- Storing knives in the case could get difficult to retrieve quickly
Winco 10-Inch Chef’s Knife is made to meet the high demands of a professional kitchen and comes in a set of 6. It is one of the most trusted and reliable brand of knives and is being used by millions of chefs across the world.
The knife has a 6-inch full tang steel blade and triple riveted handle. The blade of the knife is made up of high-carbon German steel and has amazing edge retention. The sharpness of the blade is commendable; it is razor sharp and can cut through the hardest of vegetables easily.
The handle is made of unique solid POM that helps in proper weight distribution and is ergonomically designed. All high quality materials are used in making of this knife. Since the handle of the knife is POM injection molded, it is approved by NSF.
This chef knife is well-balanced and provides a secure and comfortable grip and also helps in reducing hand and wrist fatigue from extended use. This chef knife is highly durable and gives excellent performance. It is a must-have knife in any commercial kitchen and is great for all kind of kitchen tasks like chopping, slicing, dicing, cutting and more. The sharpness of the knife can last only a few days and you might have to sharpen the knife.
It is an essential piece of knife for any kitchen, domestic or professional. It can be used on a regular basis for various kitchen tasks. It is dishwasher safe but is recommended as the pressure of the water in the dish washer can harm the blade of the knife. Hand washing is recommended.
Whether you are a novice or professional chef, you will love this knife for its versatility. It can easily cut through everything from fruits to vegetables, fish to poultry, meat to frozen food and almost everything.
- High carbon German steel construction
- Fully forged full tang steel blade
- Razor sharp
- POM injection molded handle
- NSF certified handle
- Unique solid POM handle that helps in weight distribution
- Provides secure and comfortable grip
- Triple riveted handle
- Comes in a set of 6
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
- Can lose its sharpness with regular use and needs to be sharpened
Shun Sora Chef’s Knife is made of a VG-10 high-carbon cutting core and stainless steel on both sides, that creates a san-mai edge and also provides stain resistance. It is an excellent knife for everyday use. The edge of the knife is very sharp and easily cuts through even the squishiest kind of food.
The upper blade of the knife is made of Japanese polished 420J and also features a 16-degree angle cutting edge on each side. The blade is mirror-polished and adds to the brilliant shine of the knife. It is also rust and corrosion resistant.
The blade of Shun Sora Chef’s Knife is very lightweight and razor sharp. It holds its edge for a long time and is very durable. The top edge of the blade is carved with beautiful wave pattern. Though there are no hollow edges or grounds on the blade, the food still does not stick to the knife and slips off easily without any problem. It is a very versatile kitchen knife and a must have for home kitchens. The knife can be used for almost every kitchen task like mincing, slicing, chopping, dicing etc.
The handle of the Shun Sora Chef’s Knife is made of textured plastic. This textured pattern creates a secure and non-slip grip, even if you are chopping juicy vegetables or fruits. It provides very smooth and sharp cuts and is easy to control. It is very well-balanced and has a non-slip grip.
The blade of this knife needs to be sharpened quite often. But it holds its edge for longer. It is not dishwasher safe and hand wash only is recommended and it should be dried immediately. Proper care will help the edges of the blade last longer. It comes with a 10 year warranty.
It can be used for all round food preparation but the mincing of this knife is amazing. It produces very fine mince of almost everything to put it to. The rocking motion is commendable. The curved of the knife aids to it. It has to be lifted less in order to make the cutting more efficient.
- VG10 cutting core for blade
- Stain, corrosion and rust resistance
- Mirror polished upper blade
- 16 degree cutting edge
- Handle made polymer textured handle
- Razor sharp blade
- Lightweight and well-balanced
- Holds its edge for a long time
- Versatile and durable
- Needs regular sharpening
- Must be hand washed only
Global GS-5 Vegetable Knife is a very lightweight and perfectly balanced knife and is perfect for all kind of slicing, chopping and dicing of vegetables. The blade is made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel. The edge of the blade has sharpness like a razor and retains it exceptionally well.
The blades of Global GS-5 Vegetable Knife are in face-ground shape with a long taper so that the edges remain sharper for a long time. This technique works better than the best high-carbon stainless-steel knives. The edges also are also more grounded and have an acute angle. The knife is also dispensed with bolsters in order to reduce weight.
The handle of the Global GS-5 Vegetable Knife is made of stainless-steel and is molded for comfort. It is also dimpled for providing a safe and secure grip. The unique stainless steel handles are one of the most amazing features of this global knife. A finger notch is also provided between the handle and the blade to provide additional safety. The size of the handle is little smaller as compared to other knives, but it aids in easy grasping and is also seamlessly sanitary.
A precise amount of sand is injected into the hollow handle to achieve the perfect balance for the blade. And to maintain the continuous balance, the sand keeps flowing inside the handle as the blade is maneuvered. This knife is particularly designed for the neat and precise slicing and chopping of vegetables, making the chopping work easy for chefs. Hence, they have a thinner blade and are lighter than most of the other knives.
The Global GS-5 Vegetable Knife is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed and immediately dried to protect the edges. It has a lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defects.
- Precisely balanced knife
- Perfect for slicing, chopping and dicing vegetables
- High-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel blade
- Edge retains sharpness for a long time
- Stainless-steel handle
- Sand injected handle for perfect balance
- Dimpled handle for safe and comfortable grip
- Lifetime warranty
- Thinner blade compared to other knives
- Smaller sized handle
- Hand wash only
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S Chef’s Knife is a precision forged full tang knife made from a single piece of exclusive Zwilling high-carbon stainless steel. The blade has a 57 rockwell hardness and a 15° angle that helps deliver an outstanding cutting performance. It also features a traditional triple riveted comfortable handle.
The blades of the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S Chef’s Knife are remarkably sharp and retain the sharpness for a longer time. They are also highly corrosion and rust resistant. The bolster provides a secure grip and perfect balance. The knife has excellent quality consistency, long lasting sharpness with a perfect geometry. The blade also goes through special ice-hardening process known as Friodur, which improves the cutting performance by providing an extremely sharp blade. It also ensures a long lasting cutting edge.
The blade has alternate hollows on both sides of the cutting edge, this helps in perfect thin slicing of food. Each knife is hand sharpened and hand polished. It is a versatile knife that will help you in cutting all kinds of foods. It offers great balance and control, superior performance, is very durable and comes in attractive design. It is a very sturdy and heavy knife with strong and broad blades that aid in fine cutting. The rocking motion of the handle is excellent.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S Chef’s Knife is a perfect knife for all kinds of kitchen tasks including slicing, dicing, chopping, cutting and mincing of all the foods like fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry and meat. It can also used to smash garlic. The knife has amazing cutting performance and is used both professional and home chefs alike.
The knife comes with a lifetime warranty. It is a very reasonably priced knife. It is dishwasher safe, but hand wash is recommended. The edges of the knife can be sharpened easily. It is an all rounder multipurpose knife.
- Laser controlled edge and consistent blade angle
- Friodur ice hardened blade
- Triple riveted full-tang handle
- Hand sharpened and polished
- Sigmaforge one piece construction
- Stays sharper for longer
- Stain and corrosion resistant
- Full tang high carbon no stain steel Cconstruction
- Durable and perfectly balanced.
- Lifetime warranty
- Slippery when wet
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
Wusthof Grand Prix Cook’s Knife is perfect for all kinds of kitchen tasks like chopping, slicing, dicing, and much more. It is a precision-forged full tang knife made from a single piece of high-carbon stain-resistant steel. The tang extends deeper into the handle and provides exceptional control. It is very sturdy and durable.
The handle is ergonomically designed and is made of synthetic material. The pebbled polypropylene material used to make the handle is further contoured to get a secure yet comfortable grip. The handle is also slip-resistant and provides extra comfort. The Wusthof Grand Prix Cook’s knife is aided with steel bolster for additional strength. The heavy bolsters also aid in providing a perfect balance.
Wusthof’s Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) is used to give the knife an extraordinary sharper blade. It also helps in retaining its edge for 30% longer. The edge retention of the knife is highly commendable. It is a high performance multipurpose Cook’s knife which is suitable for both domestic as well as professional kitchens. It is widely used by most restaurants as well as at homes.
The knife has been further grounded in order to produce a thin yet strong blade for the ultimate cutting performance. It can be used to cut, slice, chop, mince and dice all kinds of fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry. It can through even the hardest of vegetables and frozen food. But, since the blade is thin, chopping through bones can damage the fine edge of the blade. But otherwise it is a perfect knife for all kinds of kitchen tasks.
Wusthof Grand Prix Cook’s Knife is not dishwasher recommended. Hand wash is preferable with immediate drying. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Forged from single piece of high carbon steel
- Has outstanding strength and balance
- Amazing ergonomically designed handle
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting
- Seamlessly hygienic
- Synthetic, full tang handle
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) used for extraordinary sharpness
- Exceptional edge retention
- Sturdy and durable
- Lifetime warranty
- Thin blade
- Not suitable for cutting through bones
- Dishwasher safe but recommended
The broad blade of the Global G-5 Vegetable Knife makes it perfectly suitable for cutting big sized vegetables. The heel of the knife is square-shaped and is very convenient for removing eyes and stalks of the vegetables. This knife is uniquely designed in a way that the edge is always balanced.
The Global G-5 Vegetable Knife is made from the finest quality of CROMOVA 18 high-carbon stainless steel. This steel keeps the edge sharper for a long time and at the same time soft enough so it does not get too difficult to sharpen the knife later. The blade is hand-forged and then ice-tempered and hardened in order to make it corrosion and rust resistant. The edge of this knife is the most important feature and is a signature design. It is large in size and is very prominent. It extends a quarter inch or more from the tip of the knife.
The handle of the Global G-5 Vegetable Knife is made of stainless steel and is seamlessly constructed for a good grip. It is also textured to give it a more secure grip. The dimples are created on the handle for a safer and comfortable grip and resist slipping. The handle is kept hollow and is filled with just a little sand to create a perfect and continuous balance. This method is used since it is more precise.
The knife is ideal for chopping, dicing, cutting and slicing all kinds of vegetables, especially the bigger ones. Since the knife is very lightweight, it is easily to handle it and it doesn’t cause any kind of fatigue on the hand or wrist. But continuous usage of the knife for a couple of hours can cause a little strain to the hand. This knife is best suited for professional chefs who have to cut vegetables for long hours. It can also be used by home chefs very comfortably.
Global G-5 Vegetable Knife is very lightweight but perfectly well-balanced. It is sharp edged but also blunt ended for perfectly slicing vegetables. Dishwashing is not recommended. Only hand wash.
- Blade made of CROMOVA 18 high-carbon stainless steel
- Edge retains sharpness for long
- Square shaped heel
- Hand-forged and then ice-tempered
- Comfortable grip
- Lightweight and perfectly balanced
- Perfect for slicing and chopping big sized vegetables
- Stainless-steel handle
- Dimpled handle design for safe grip
- Lifetime warranty
- Continuous usage can cause strain on the hands
- Dishwasher safe but not recommended
Must Have features in your Kitchen Chef Knives: Buyer’s Guide
With a ton of shapes, sizes and finishes, we are sure to get confused as to which Kitchen Chef Knife to go for, but do not worry, we have a perfect buyer’s guide here to help you narrow down your choices and select the best Kitchen Chef’s Knife for your kitchen.
After all, choosing the best Kitchen Chef Knife is not as hard as it seems. Only the fear of selecting the wrong one can be a hindrance, but we are here to help you get a knife that suits you best and let you figure out which knife to choose.
First of all, what style of kitchen knife do I need? Ask yourself. If you do not anything specific in your mind that you are looking for, then start with listing the features that you are looking for and the purpose you need the knife for. This will help you in choosing the best knife for the perfect purpose. It is important to consider the type of knife that you need in your kitchen. Kitchen knives meet a variety of needs and it totally depends on your cooking style.
Not all kitchen knives are equal and since the kitchen knives will be used on a daily basis in your kitchen, selecting a good quality and durable Chef Knife is very important. The perfect kitchen knife is the one that has it all – sharpness, quality, beauty and a go to price tag.
Consider your cook style
Before buying, consider your cooking style. Are you more of a specialized cook or just entering the kitchen zone. Do you look perfectly carved and cut salads, or you are a easy to go person. You cooking style is the most important factor in selecting the perfect kitchen knife for yourself.
Focus on Essentials
- A well-equipped kitchen knife should be a multipurpose knife that can be used for various purposes.
- It must be a workhorse of the kitchen.
- You should be able to do most of the tasks like chopping, slicing, mincing, cutting, dicing, smashing and making ribbons for a variety of foods.
- Of course, there are different kinds of knives for various purposes, but having a multipurpose knife helps a lot in making the job easier, especially for home kitchens.
- Full tang is the most important thing to look for in a handle. It serves as the core of the handle and is usually running from the center of the handle to the hilt.
- They are sometimes molded in a rubber and sometimes replaced with heavy stainless steel handles.
- Knives that are full tang are more well-balanced, strong and durable.
- Partial tang knives must be totally avoided as they can crack or break after sometime of use.
- Look for any kind of welding or linking, as this is a weak point of the knife. Avoid these kinds of knives because they are more likely to bend or break. The knives that are made from a single piece of steel are the best.
- The blade of a perfect Kitchen Chef Knife must be long and triangular in shape and it should be flat along the heel.
- The curve of the blade should facilitate a perfectly smooth and effortless rocking motion for easy mincing and chopping.
- Knives that are 20-25 cm in length are considered to be perfect for almost all purposes. But it all depends on the size of your hands.
- The heavy knives are generally the easiest to chop.
- The best Chef’s Knives are the ones that are forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, as they can be sharpened easily and retain the edge for a longer time. They also do not react with any acidic food, do not rust or stain.
- Knives with laminated blades are usually sharper but are also more brittle than the solid steel knives.
- Knives with stamped steel blades are softer than the forged knives and tend to get dull more quickly. They also cannot be sharpened easily.
- Knives with ceramic blades are very hard and sharp and will retain the edge for a very long time. But these are very brittle and can crack or chip when dropped. They cannot be sharpened at home and are also expensive most of the time.
- The bolster is a transition point between the blade and the handle.
- On some knives the bolsters come along with a finger guard in order to provide safe and secure grip.
- Some knives do not have finger guard and the bolster just serves as an extension to the handle.
- If a bolster is not present in the knife it means that the blade is made of stamped steel.
- The best handles are the ones that are made of either molded rubber or wood that is impregnated with resins. These kinds of handles are more durable, have excellent grip and are sanitary.
- Handles made of plastic and stainless steel are also durable, but can be slippery when wet and can get difficult while dealing with juicy food items.
- Rosewood handles are ideal, but they need a lot care and attention and need to be maintained regularly.
- Check the knife by holding it in your hand.Look for the one which has a comfortable grip and sits well in your hand.
- Light weighted knives are the go to choice, as they are easy to handle and can be used continuously without straining your hands.
- Heavy weighted knives can cause fatigue to your hand and wrist after continuous usage.
- Lightweight knives can help reduce the fatigue and strain to a certain level and help you work longer.
- A lightweight knife is also good for speed and precision.
- The knives that have good balance are the best ones.
- A well balanced knife makes cutting and chopping easier and also requires less effort.
- When doing a lot chopping and cutting a well-balanced knife offers less fatigue and strain on your hand.
- The looks of a knife should be the last thing on your list, but nevertheless, looks are also important when selecting the perfect knife your kitchen.
- A good looking knife can be a real treat to your eyes while you cook.
- Once all the features and functionalities of the knife are selected, look for a pretty looking knife.
- You have a wide variety of colors, patterns, designs to choose from. Not only handles, but also the blades these are designed colorfully.
Ease of care
- Almost all of the kitchen knives must be hand washed as dish washing the knives can be harmful.
- But when it comes to protecting and storing the knives, choose a knife that needs less attention in this matter and is easy to care for.
- Knives that can be easily sharpened must be considered. Few knives cannot be sharpened at home and need to be sent back to the manufacturer. This can cause inconvenience.
- Look for knives that are resistant to corrosion, rust and stains. These kind of knives require less attention and last longer.